Dr K Ashok Kumar is one of the top Haemato-Oncologist & BMT Specialists in India. He has over 18 years experience as a hematologist. He is working as a Consultant Haemato-Oncologist & Bone Marrow Transplant Physician at the Citizens Specialty Hospital, Hyderabad.
He has showcased various critical cases at various recognized scientific conferences through his presentations and has participated in National and International Medical workshops.
- MBBS - Sri Venkateshwara Medical College NTR University of Health Sciences, Andhra Pradesh (2004)
- DNB (Medicine) - Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences, National Board of Examinations (2012)
- DM - Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences, NIMS University (2016)
- PDF - Postdoctoral fellowship Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplantation, Christian Medical College, Vellore (2019)
Area Of Expertise :
- Emergencies- All medical and oncological emergencies, code blue
- Inserting central lines- Internal jugular, Subclavian, Femoral, Tunnelled catheters Chemoports, Arterial lines, and their management
- Peripheral cavafix insertion
- Administering chemotherapy and transfusions
- Managing sepsis, especially in Neutropenic and Immunocompromised patients
- Administering Hematopoietic stem cells, managing Immunosuppression in the BMT unit
- Pre and post-bone marrow transplantation care
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy
- Skin biopsy
- Endotracheal intubation and critical care
- Lumbar puncture
- Management of Hemato-oncology children during covid-19 crisis
- Ranjit Kumar C S, Raghu K Sukumaran, Anil Aribandi, Ashok Kumar K Arun Kumar Lingutla, Krishnamani K V International journal of research in
- pharmaceutical sciences Vol. 11 No. SPL1 (2020): Volume 11 SPL 1 (COVID-19)
- Managing metastatic renal cell carcinoma challenges, pitfalls, and outcomes in the real world- Kumar KA, Sadashivudu G, Krishnamani KV, Linga VG, Maddali LS, Digumarti RR. Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol 2016;37:260-4.
- Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia: 8 years experience from a tertiary care center in India-Danthala M, Gundeti S, Maddali LS, Pillai A, Puligundla KC, Adusumilli RP. Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia: 8 years experience from a tertiary care center in India. South Asian J Cancer 2016;5:176-8
- Thiopurine methyltransferase polymorphisms in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia, Linga VG, Patchva DB, Mallavarapu KM, Tulasi V, Kalpathi KI, Pillai A, Gundeti S, Rajappa SJ, Digumarti R. Indian Journal of Medical and Paediatric Oncology | Oct-Dec 2014 | Vol 35 | Issue 4
- Fanconi syndrome following honeybee stings - a case report- Rapur Ram (1) Gudithi Swarnalatha (2) Karanam Kumar Ashok (3) Hasaagrahara Radhakrishna Madhuri (4) Kaligotla Venkata Dakshinamurty Int Urol Nephrol (2012) 44:315–318
- Generic Imatinib in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia: survival of the cheapest-Danthala M, Gundeti S, Kuruva SP, Puligundla KC, Adusumilli P, Karnam AP, Bala S, Konatam ML, Maddali LS, Digumarti RR.Clin Lymphoma Myeloma leuk.2017May 10
- The role of mutation testing in patients with CML-CP after Imatinib failure and their outcomes after treatment modification - single institutional experience over 13 years": Chaitanya PK, Kumar KA, Stalin B, Sadashivudu G, Srinivas ML Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol 2017;38:328-33
- Clinicopathological features and outcomes in primary central nervous system lymphoma: A 10 years’ experience: Puligundla CK, Bala S, Karnam AK, Gundeti S, Paul TR, Uppin MS, et al. Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol 2017;38:478-82.
- Impact of cytogenetics on outcomes in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia, Rachana Chennamaneni 1, Sadashivudu Gundeti 1, Meher Lakshmi Konatam 1, Stalin Bala 1, Ashok Kumar 1, Lakshmi Srinivas 1South Asian J CancerOct-Dec 2018;7(4):263-266.
- Clinicopathological features, treatment and survival outcomes of synovial sarcoma, Siva Prasad Kuruva 1, Stalin Bala 1, Meher Lakshmi Konatam 1, Ashok Kumar Karnam 1, Lakshmi Srinivas Maddali 1, Sadashivudu Gundeti South Asian J Cancer. Oct-Dec 2018;7(4):270-272
- Pattern of metastases and their impact on outcomes in stage IV non-small cell lung cancer an institutional experience from South India B. Stalin1, S. Gundetil, A. Kumar1, L.S. Maddalil, R. Kandula2, R. Digumartil. 1 Medical Oncology, Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, India, 2 Medical Oncology, Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital & Research Center, Visakhapatnam, India