Dr Sudheer Koganti is one of the top Interventional Cardiologists in India. He has over 15 years of experience as a cardiologist. He is currently serving as Senior Consultant - Interventional Cardiologist and Heart Failure Specialist at Citizens Specialty Hospital, Hyderabad.
Interventional cardiology research conducted at Royal Free Hospital, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, and Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, Netherlands leads to the MD Res award by University College London (one of the Times top-ranked universities in the world). He has conducted interventional cardiology training at the world-renowned Barts Heart Centre, in London.
Dr Sudheer has performed Primary PCI successfully on a 106-year-old lady. He has been a Faculty, Moderator, and Panelist at EuroPCR, C3, TCT, Sing Live, TCT India, CSI India, SCICON, CSI Telangana, BIC 2020. He also appeared in 3 episodes of the BBC telecast “An Hour to Save Life program” in the years 2014 & 2016. Dr Sudheer Koganti owns around 53 publications including numerous study articles and abstracts in various distinguished & indexed international journals.
- MBBS from Armed Forces Medical College, (AFMC) Pune, India (2001)
- MRCP – Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom (2007)
- MRCPS – Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow (2008)
- CCT Cardiology - University College London (2018)
- MD Res - University College London (2018)
- FRCP - London & Glasgow (2019)
Area Of Expertise :
- Coronary, Graft & Peripheral angiography (10,000+ procedures)
- Right Heart Catheterisation and myocardial biopsy
- Complex PCI – Left Main, Bifurcation, CTO, Protect PCI with Impella, ECMO, and adjuncts in PCI with
- FFR, IVUS, and OCT (3,000+ procedures)
- Instrumental in setting up Primary PCI service at Citizens Heart Centre
- Peripheral angioplasty
- Device Implantation – Pacemakers, ICDs and CRT
- Structural Heart Interventions – ASD, PBMV and TAVR
- Cardiac MRI and Cardiac CT
- Awarded Competitive British Cardiovascular Interventional Society (BCIS) Scholarship to attend the C3 conference in Orlando in June (2016)
- Received ESC Travel Bursary Scholarship (2008).
- Received Postgraduate Award in Medical Education, University of Warwick, United Kingdom.
- Selected to attend the prestigious Future Leaders in Coronary Intervention, held in Cork, Ireland in September (2017)
- Achieved Distinction in ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat)
- Achieved Certificate of Merit from the University of Pune in Microbiology, Obstetrics & Gynecology, (Cumulative Final Year Standings)
- Rathod KS, Kogani S et al; Contemporary trends in cardiogenic shock: Incidence, intra-aortic balloon pump utilization and outcomes from the London Heart Attack Group. November 2017 European Heart Journal: Acute Cardiovascular Care DOI 10.1177/2048872617741735.
- Mavroudis C, Eleftheriou D, Hong Y, Majumder B, Koganti S et al. Microparticles in acute coronary syndrome, Thrombosis Research, June 2017, Volume 156, 109 – 116. doi: 10.1016/j.thromres.2017.06.003
- Koganti S, Karanasos A, Tu S, Rakhit RD, Regar E. Visualization of extensive intraplaque neovascularization by optical coherence tomography. Hellenic J Cardiol. 2017 Feb 2. pii: S1109-9666(17)30028-3. doi: 10.1016/j.hjc.2017.01.011.
- Koganti S, Eleftheriou D, Brogan PA, Kotecha T, Hong Y, Rakhit RD. Microparticles and their role in coronary artery disease. Int J Cardiol. 2017 Mar 1;230:339-345. doi10.1016/j.ijcard.2016.12.108. Epub 2016 Dec 22.
- Koganti S, Smith E, Bourantas C. PCI to Native LAD via LIMA using Guide Catheter Extension. The Journal of invasive cardiology 28(9):E82-119 · September 2016.
- Koganti S, Patel N, Seraphim A, Kotecha T, Whitbread M, Rakhit RD: Reducing time to angiography and hospital stay for patients with high-risk non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndrome: Retrospective analysis of a paramedic-activated direct access pathway. BMJ Open 06/2016; 6(6). DOI:10.1136/bmjopen-2015-010428
- Sudheer Koganti, Tushar Kotecha, Roby D Rakhit: Choice of Intracoronary Imaging: When to Use Intravascular Ultrasound or Optical Coherence Tomography. Interventional Cardiology (London) 03/2016; 11(1):epub.
- Sudheer Koganti, Roby D. Rakhit: Management of high-risk non-ST elevation myocardial infarction in the UK: Need for alternative models of care to reduce the length of stay and admission to angiography times. Clinical medicine (London, England) 12/2015; 15(6):522- 525. DOI:10.7861/clinmedicine.15-6-522.
- Sudheer Koganti, Sabine Kinloch-de Loes, Samantha Hutchinson, Margaret Johnson, Roby D. Rakhit: Management of cardiovascular conditions in a cohort of patients with HIV: Experience from a joint HIV/cardiology clinic. Clinical medicine (London, England) 10/2015; 15(5):442-446. DOI:10.7861/clinmedicine.15-5-442
- Stephen M.S. Ting, Thomas Hamborg, Gordon McGregor, David Oxborough, Kenneth Lim, Sudheer Koganti, Nicolas Aldridge, Chris Imray, Rosemary Bland, Simon Fletcher, Nithya S. Krishnan, Robert M. Higgins, Jonathan Townend, Prithwish Banerjee, Daniel Zehnder: Reduced Cardiovascular Reserve in Chronic Kidney Failure: A Matched Cohort Study. American Journal of Kidney Diseases 02/2015; in press (2). DOI:10.1053/j.ajkd.2015.02.335