Dr Gopaluni Seerapani is one of the top Nephrologists in India. He has over 15 years of experience as a Nephrologist. He is working as a Consultant Nephrologist & Transplant Physician, a Specialist in Autoimmune Disease & Immuno – Nephrology at the Citizens Specialty Hospital, Hyderabad.
Dr Seerapani worked in the UK at some of the world’s renowned Nephrology and Transplant Centres such as Oxford and Cambridge. He is also passionate about teaching and has been a clinical tutor (Lincoln College, Oxford University) delivering bedside teaching to medical students.
- MBBS – Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Andhra Pradesh (2003)
- MRCP – Royal Colleges of Physicians, London, United Kingdom (2008)
- MRCP (Nephrology) – The Federation of Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom (2013)
- CCT – General Internal Medicine Specialist Training – Oxford (2014)
- CCT – Nephrology Specialist Training – Oxford (2014)
- PhD (Autoimmune diseases) – University of Cambridge (2021)
Area Of Expertise :
- Central venous access: Jugular & Femoral
- Tunneled permanent lines
- Ultrasound-guided Transplant Renal biopsy
- Native Renal biopsy
- General Medicine and Nephrology
- Chronic hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis
- Acknowledged as the ‘Teacher of the Month’ for teaching medical students at JR (2012)
- Received Distinction in Poster at ATC Boston for “Factors affecting erectile dysfunction in renal transplant patients” (2009)
- Received Distinction in the Anatomy University Examination
- Received Distinction and Gold medal in the ENT University Examination
- Received Distinction in the Ophthalmology University Examination
- Wagner J, Harrison E. M, Martinez M, Pero D, Blane B, Mayer G, Leierer J, Gopaluni S, Holmes M A, Parkhill J, Peacock S J, Jayne D R, Kronbichler A (2019). The composition and functional protein subsystems of the human nasal microbiome in granulomatosis with polyangiitis: a pilot study. Microbiome (2019) 7:137
- Evaluation of PR3-ANCA Status After Rituximab for ANCA-Associated Vasculitis. McClure ME, Wason J, Gopaluni S, Tieu J, Smith RM, Jayne DR, Jones RB. J Clin Rheumatol. 2019 Mar 20. doi: 10.1097/RHU.0000000000001030
- A novel glucocorticoid-free maintenance regimen for anti-neutrophil cytoplasm antibody-associated vasculitis. Pepper RJ, McAdoo SP, Moran SM, Kelly D, Scott J, Hamour S, Burns A, Griffith M, Galliford J, Levy JB, Cairns TD, Gopaluni S, Jones RB, Jayne D, Little MA, Pusey CD, Salama AD. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2019 Feb 1;58(2):260-268. doi: 10.1093/rheumatology/key288.
- Effect of Disease Activity at Three and Six Months After Diagnosis on Long-Term Outcomes in Antineutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibody-Associated Vasculitis. Gopaluni S, Flossmann O, Little MA, O’Hara P, Bekker P, Jayne D; European Vasculitis Society. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2019 May;71(5):784-791. doi: 10.1002/art.40776. Epub 2019 Mar 28.
- B cell therapy in ANCA-associated vasculitis: current and emerging treatment options. McClure M, Gopaluni S, Jayne D, Jones R. Nat Rev Rheumatol. 2018 Oct;14(10):580- 591. doi: 10.1038/s41584-018-0065-x. Epub 2018 Aug 14. Review.
- A retrospective study comparing the phenotype and outcomes of patients with polyarteritis nodosa between UK and Turkish cohorts. Karadag O, Erden A, Bilginer Y, Gopaluni S, Sari A, Armagan B, Ertenli I, Ozen S, Jayne D. Rheumatol Int. 2018 Oct;38(10):1833-1840. doi: 10.1007/s00296-018-4122-1. Epub 2018 Aug 11.
- Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole prophylaxis prevents severe/life-threatening infections following rituximab in antineutrophil cytoplasm antibody-associated vasculitis. Kronbichler A, Kerschbaum J, Gopaluni S, Tieu J, Alberici F, Jones RB, Smith RM, Jayne DRW. Ann Rheum Dis. 2018 Oct;77(10):1440-1447. doi: 10.1136/annrheumdis2017-212861. Epub 2018 Jun 27.
- McAdoo, S. P., Medjeral-Thomas, N., Gopaluni, S., Tanna, A., Mansfield, N., Galliford, J., Griffith, M., et al. (2018). Long-term follow-up of a combined rituximab and cyclophosphamide regimen in renal anti-neutrophil cytoplasm antibody-associated vasculitis.. Nephrology, dialysis, transplantation: official publication of the European Dialysis and Transplant Association – European Renal Association, 2018, 33 (5), 899.
- Gopaluni, S., Smith, R. M., Lewin, M., McAlear, C. A., Mynard, K., Jones, R. B., Jayne, D. R. W. (2017). Rituximab versus azathioprine as therapy for maintenance of remission for anti-neutrophil cytoplasm antibody-associated vasculitis (RITAZAREM): study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials, 18(1), 112.
- Gopaluni, S., Sherif, M., & Ahmadouk, N. A. 2016. Cochrane systematic review: Interventions for chronic kidney disease-associated restless legs syndrome. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. doi: 10.1002/ 14651858. CD010690.pub2
- Gopaluni, S., & Jayne, D. (2016). Clinical Trials in Vasculitis. Current Treatment Options in Rheumatology, 2(2), 161–177. doi:10.1007/s40674-016-0045-8
- Gopaluni, S. and Jayne, D. 2015. Immune Vasculitis. eLS. 1–8. DOI: 10.1002/9780470015902.a0002150.pub3
- Hindocha, S., Gopaluni, S., Collins, G. P., & Shenbagaraman, P. (2015). Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis in a patient with mantle cell lymphoma. BMJ Case Reports, 2015. doi:10.1136/bcr-2015-211765
- Gopaluni, S., Gibson, M., & Mohteshamzadeh, M. (2014). An unusual case of familial cystic kidney disease. Clinical Kidney Journal, 7(5), 484–485. doi:10.1093/ckj/sfu075
- Gopaluni, S., Sherif, M., & Ahmadouk, N. A. (2013). Protocol- Interventions for chronic kidney disease-associated restless legs syndrome. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD010690.
- Ball MJ, Gopaluni S, Mathavakkannan S, Brian M, and Farrington K. An immunocompromised dialysis patient with skin and bone lesions. NDT Plus 2010 0: sfq010v1-sfq010; doi:10.1093/ndtplus/sfq010
- S Gopaluni, S Lines, AJP Lewington, Acute kidney injury in the critically ill patient, Current Anaesthesia & Critical Care 21 (2), 60-64, April 2010
- Seerapani Gopaluni, Aadil Shaukat, Martin Gray, Roshni Gokhale and M Al-Bustami Premature myocardial infarction presenting with acuacutete pulmonary embolism: a case report. Journal of Medical Case Reports 2009, 3:8786