Evaluation of various methods of surgical fixation of fracture shaft/proximal humerus
- Presented it at the Audit meeting at Tameside general hospital.
- It showed that internal fixation of these fractures with Rush pin in selected patients gave very satisfactory results.
- This was also presented at the British Trauma Society Meeting at Leeds on 21.10.01.
Incidence of DVT following total hip and knee replacements.
- Presented at Wexham Park Hospital.
- This Audit led to the development of a definite Protocol of Thromboprophyllaxis for all patients undergoing Total hip and knee replacements.
Post operative knee stiffness needing MUA following Total knee replacement
- Presented at Wexham Park Hospital
- It involved a retrospective review of notes of these patients over a period of 4 months.
- The common factor among the cases (4) was that there was no drain used.
- This audit led to the setting up of a project to look at the outcomes following TKR with and without drain.
Infection rate following hip hemiarthroplasty at Wexham Park hospital.
- Looked at both superficial and deep infections of all patients who underwent hemiarthroplasty over aperiod of 6 months.
- This Audit showed that the infection rate was within the standard limits and therefore no recommendations were made.
Pattern of referral of distal radial fractures to the fracture clinic/on call team by the A&E team at Royal Liverpool Hospital.
- Presented at Royal Liverpool Hospital.
- This Audit recommended for better training or induction regarding this fractures to both orthopaedic and A&E SHO’s .It also recommended change in coding practice in A&E.
Internal Fixation of Scaphoid Non-union-A long term follow up
- Presented at the Outcome Audit meeting at Royal Liverpool Hospital.
- This Audit showed that Internally fixing Scaphoid Non-Unions does slow down the progression of degenerative changes in the radicarpal and Scpho trapezio trapezoid joints and therefore recommended in all symptomatic Non-Unions.
Surgical site infection in orthopaedic trauma– presented at the Southport and Ormskirk hospital audit meeting on Feb.3rd,2006. compared with the published national statistics by NICE.
Quality of operative notes– presented at the Southport and Ormskirk hospital audit meeting on March 7th,2006.
Health Records Audit- Consent forms. Study completed at Southport and Ormskirk Hospitals and presented in January 2008.
- Effiecient use of Flowtron boots for DVT prophylaxis following Total Hip and Knee Replacement. Presented at Department meeting at Southport Hospital . July 2010.